Set in an alternate matriarchal 1900’s Asia, in a richly imagined world of art deco-inflected steampunk, MONSTRESS tells the story of a teenage girl who is struggling to survive the trauma of war, and who shares a mysterious psychic link with a monster of tremendous power, a connection that will transform them both and make them the target of both human and otherworldly powers.
- 2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Writer
- 2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Painter/Multimedia Artist
- 2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Continuing Series
- 2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Publication for Teens
- 2018 Eisner Award winner, Best Cover Artist
- 2018 Harvey Award winner, Book of the Year
- 2018 Hugo Award winner, Best Graphic Story
- 2018 British Fantasy Award winner, Best Comic/Graphic Novel
Join John and Vivian to talk about one of the most critically acclaimed comics of the past decade: Monstress.